Sprache auswählen

Front axle 560SL

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326722 von stan73
Front axle 560SL wurde erstellt von stan73
Dear all, 

I would like to change all bushings from front axle, subframe mounts, engine mounts of my 560SL.
I can see very expensive original MB parts and some
aftermarket items. Any suggestions about quality of some brand? Meyle, Lemforder, Febi … 
Also, i can find only bushings for upper control arm in ebay produced from JP classic line, is it reliable? 
Any advice will be appreciated 

Best regards, 
Stan
 

Stan
560SL, 1987

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her - 2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326724 von Quickbiker2012
Hi Stan,

I have used the PU bushings (upper and lower) from HistoMondial ( shop.histomondial.de/51-r107 ) in 2021. Till now ( ~10.000 km) no issues and very good handling and direction stability.

The shore value is a bit higher than the rubber bushings (80 if I remember correctly) but from my point of view with no negative effect to the comfort.

BTW - the different colours offered are only for optical reason, all have the same shore value.

Regards,
Ralf
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 10 Monate her von Quickbiker2012.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326727 von Quickbiker2012
Hi Stan,

For the subframe mount I used original MB mounts with the reinforcement from SL Edition ( www.sl-repro.de/Vorderachsverstaerkungen-R-C-107--.html ). Unfortunately they only fit with the expensive original bushings. Since 2019 I did not recognise that the bushing are worn.

Engine mints were also renewed in 2019 with original MB but need to be replaced again this year - the original ones settled by about 2cm in 4 years ;-(

Regards,
Ralf

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326728 von stan73
stan73 antwortete auf Front axle 560SL
Thanks Ralf,
very competent and helpful !

Stan
560SL, 1987

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326730 von Chromix
Chromix antwortete auf Front axle 560SL
Hi Ralf,

which engine mounts are you going to use this time? If they have to be changed again after only 4 years it might be worth using reinforced mounts here as well.
D.T.L has those also: www.sl-repro.de/-436.html

Cheers,
Lutz

Nimm Dir jeden Tag die Zeit, still zu sitzen und auf die Dinge zu lauschen.
Achte auf die Melodie des Lebens, die in Dir schwingt.
Buddha

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 10 Monate her - 2 Jahre 10 Monate her #326736 von Quickbiker2012
Hi Lutz,

I used original MB mounts in 2019 :-( I'm now also using reinfored ones similar to the ones from D.T.L. / SL-Repro. These ones are from Meyle and the chambers are filled with polyeurethane.

I'm just curious whether this will cause vibrations from the engine transmitted more strongly to the bodywork. I will see once everything is assembeld together, but this will take a while as the cylinderheads not mounted yet.

But I will provide feedback after the first test drive.

Cheers,
Ralf
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 10 Monate her von Quickbiker2012.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Ragetti, Obelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.108 Sekunden
Powered by Kunena Forum

Wir benutzen Cookies

Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit der Datenschutzerklärung und der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.
CookieHint and Consent by reDim GmbH (Öffnet in neuem Fenster)