Sprache auswählen

source for used chassis/body components related to hand brake

Mehr
14 Okt. 2022 01:22 #304798 von bcm5
I am converting my 500 SL to a manual transmission. I have gathered most of the necessary transmission/clutch etc. components, but would like to convert my car from the foot operated parking brake to a hand brake set-up (I prefer driving a manual with a hand operated brake). Sourcing a hand brake assembly is possible since I have found multiple listings. My challenge is that the brake assembly bolts to the driveshaft tunnel immediately behind the console. I my 500 this is just a section of curved steel. On the R107s that came with a hand brake, this area has a couple of holes for the brake cables and several indentations/mounting holes for the hand brake assembly. I would like to get a patch panel of this portion of the tunnel to graft onto my car. I have not seen any hand brake equipped cars in NA, so I am hoping some members in Germany or other parts of the EU could direct me to some salvage/recycling yards that might be able to scavenge such a component. I have contacted Cannstatt | Classic Mercedes Parts but no luck. Thanks again for any suggestions. regards, Stephen

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Okt. 2022 11:20 #304813 von Dr-DJet
Hi Stephen,

as hand brakes were only mounted on right-hand cars, your best source will be the UK.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Volker, Admin und Betreiber dieser Webseite
Fast alles zu Zündung und Jetronic auf jetronic.org

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
14 Okt. 2022 17:45 #304848 von Racediagnostics

Cheers
Jim

1979 450SL - 2002 XK8 4.2

Mehr
14 Okt. 2022 18:49 #304851 von bcm5
Thanks Dr-DJet and Racediagnostics! I was not aware that hand brakes were a UK only option, so that narrows my search! I have messaged the seller suggested and will await a reply.

Mehr
08 Juli 2023 01:27 #320223 von bcm5
Just a quick note to close out this topic. I found an eBay UK listing for a 107 that was being parted out. I exchanged some emails to explain that I wanted all the components of the hand brake assembly from the console to the backing plates and the section of the driveshaft tunnel that the hand brake is mounted on. I was able to arrange with a relative in England to receive the package and forward it to me in Canada. Everything arrived in good condition and the installation was very straight forward. From the factory, the top of the driveshaft tunnel between the console and the parcel shelf/seat is removed and a patch panel with mounting holes and reliefs for the cables is tacked in. In a couple of hours I had a functional hand brake with a Zebrano grip and an SL shop sourced Palomino cover. With the 6 speed conversion I recently completed, this is a far more user friendly solution that the factory foot parking brake.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Chromix

• terrier
  • Senior
  • Senior
  • Machen, nicht zaudern.
Mehr
08 Juli 2023 01:48 #320224 von terrier
Hi Stephen,
pleased give some photos from your car after swap gearbox and brake lever.
Thank you.

Gruß Ralf

Mehr
08 Juli 2023 09:20 #320225 von merc450
Moin Moin

original state
mfg Günter Trunz

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: terrier

Mehr
10 Juli 2023 22:13 #320334 von bcm5
As requested, some images of the console and transmission.

best regards, Stephen

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Chromix

Moderatoren: RagettiObelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.110 Sekunden