Select your language

No supply of lock cylinders

• Dr-DJet
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2017 10:55 #162434 by Dr-DJet
No supply of lock cylinders was created by Dr-DJet
Hi,

It came to my attention that supply of lock cylinders for our 107 series is not available for the time being. Even my MB contacts only shrugged. That is why I grabbed the phone and called clssic center in Fellbach, DE. I was also conencted to the person in charge. Form memory I repeat here what I understood:

1. Mercedes-Benz is aware of this issue and will present a solution in 3 months
  2. Till then it is recommended to replace your possibly worn key with a new one (available at MB)
  3. In the past Daimler had a 24h service for numbered key cylinders. That will not be available any more.
  4. In the future we will have undetermined cylinders, meaning you will also receive a new key.
  5. Theft protection and proof to insurance is top priority
  6. Current suppliers have problems to maintain old zinc-pressure casting and that is why replacement is more difficult than assumend

I will be informed when supply will continue.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Volker, Admin und Betreiber dieser Webseite
Fast alles zu Zündung und Jetronic auf jetronic.org

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2017 14:16 #162449 by MyrosII
Replied by MyrosII on topic No supply of lock cylinders
Dr Volker,

Febi say they still have ignition locks, presumably with new keys included.

cars.febi-parts.com/vehicle.php?r_manufacturer=070

Myros

500SL GB

More
25 Oct 2017 21:34 #173599 by BerndZimmermann
Replied by BerndZimmermann on topic No supply of lock cylinders
I face the same challenge. I decided to send it to a Repair Shop. It should take about 4 to 6 weeks. But I still have one key for my car, which for me is worth it. I keep you posted about the success.

Moderators: RagettiObelix116
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds