Sprache auswählen

560SL Rear End Rebuild

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her - 1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346118 von btrautman
560SL Rear End Rebuild wurde erstellt von btrautman
I am almost finished with rebuilding the rear end on my 1987 560SL.  Some aspects of this rebuild have been most difficult to get repair procedures.  I purchased the factory 2 volume chassis workshop procedures and this manual entirely skips discussing the rear trailing arms removal and rebuild.  I tried subscribing to startek but they removed me when they determined I was not a repair shop.  For instance in the following diagram:

photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPPdsrFy7U2...l57ROjvRQetL7Noow41e
What is the torque for item 41 which is the nut?  I need specific torque specs for rear differential, rear sway bar, etc.  Rebuild included removing pinion shaft to replace seal and properly pre tensioning reinstall.  As I mentioned I am almost finished...  Also, if you can point me to where I can purchase complete workshop information, I would be eternally grateful.

photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMHXZXDHebP...CbmgpvDjVkcHyV7A096K

photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOEXmDWOI5K...o47eQK0dEFfp-RBXYMx4

Thanks!
Bob
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 2 Monate her von btrautman. Begründung: Update

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346121 von Obelix116
…and whats your name ?!?

It woud be very nice if you could introduce you a Little bit at first!
 

Gruß
Christian

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346127 von btrautman
Sure! My name is Bob Trautman from Texas. Purchased my 560sl approximately 7 years ago. Have been making steady repairs over the years. First major repair was when I changed my oil and I found this strange wire ground to the chassis. After reviewing electrical diagrams, I identified it as the oil level sensor connector. Now why in the world would someone ground this connector? I corrected the situation and plugged the oil level sensor back into the connector. 1 minute later I had a check engine light on. Eventually figured out the oil level sensor was defective. No problem, I will just replace it! I then learned I had to drop the oil pan....which required dropping the front subframe........Thus began my forray into the R107...... My biggest frustration with this car is german documentation regarding workshop repair procedures.........

For instance I own the two volume set of R107 chassis repair procedures. Nowhere in this 2 volume set does it address rear-end components such as R&R hub, trailing arm R&R, etc.......

SLSHOP has been most helpful in being able to source parts that are not available in the US.

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346128 von Fanti
Fanti antwortete auf 560SL Rear End Rebuild
Hello Bob
here you will find documents that may help you

sternzeit-107.de/de/slpedia/107sl-wsm

Stefan

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346130 von btrautman
Stefan, Thank you for this link. I see that this user interface was developed for the star link site for public. I have used the raw interface at star link and always was perplexed why there interface was so disjointed... This interface is SO much more useful to use!

I still did not find any information on what the torque spec and/or workshop procedure regarding the "WHEEL BEARING TO COUPLED TRANSVERSE CONTROL ARM NUT"

I may go begging to my local MB dealer and see if they will give me the information. The parts Department knows me very well..................................

Again, thank you for this interface. I will certainly use it in the future.

Thanks!
Bob
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Dr-DJet

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346131 von Fanti

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346146 von btrautman
Stefan, thank you for sending this. This is excellent information for the front end. I can't seem to find similar information for the rear end......

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346147 von M119_Fan
I've not checked it, but maybe you can find something there? www.tonk.ca/misc/index.html (Body/Chassis 1987 pdf)

Viele Grüße,
Michael
Disclaimer: Das meiste, was ich schreibe, ist "leider nicht ganz richtig".

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346152 von Obelix116
...Bob, it would be very nice if you could sign your Threads with your first name like everyone does it here, i`m too lazy to look it up everytime !

Gruß
Christian

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346156 von btrautman
Yes, I've checked there as well. No information.

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346157 von btrautman
Of Course!

Bob

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her - 1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346161 von Neckartaler
Bob,

you can enter your given name in your profile so you "can not forget" your signatur in future.

Best regards

Viele Grüße
Uwe
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 2 Monate her von Neckartaler.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: btrautman

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346164 von Fanti
Fanti antwortete auf 560SL Rear End Rebuild
Hello Bob
I can't open the pictures, don't know exactly what you are looking for, also because of the translation

www.startekinfo.com/service/download-doc...GRAM/Chassis/B35.pdf

Gruss
Stefan

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her - 1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346166 von btrautman
I am attaching a picture of EPC diagram.  The nut is item 41 that I need the torque spec on.  It is the caliper support spindle nut on the rear.

I'm not sure why the photo links would not open for you.  They are google photo links.

Also, I am getting different torque specs for the CV axle bolts to Differential side flanges.  Please confirm torque for these bolts.

There is also a rear differential bolt that is a double spline mushroom shape bolt that I can't find torque specs for either.

 

Thanks!
Bob
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 2 Monate her von btrautman.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346174 von beenie
Ja Herr Lehrer, gern, Herr Lehrer

B. Trautwein

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346176 von btrautman
I’m confused by your response.  

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346178 von Ragetti
Bitte immer freundlich bleiben

 

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordschwarzwald

Rolf

Nur das Beste aus Schwaben , oder lieber nix

www.keicher.biz
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: btrautman

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346182 von btrautman

Bitte immer freundlich bleiben

Rolf,  Hope all is well!  You may not remember me but I purchased one of your interior temperature sensors for my 560SL.  I seem to recall the beach front property near you :)  

I am having a difficult time getting the information I asked about here.  I don't just want to guess on the reassembly.  Again hope you are well!
 

Thanks!
Bob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346192 von Quickbiker2012
Hi Bob,

I found the requested information in the german workshop manual in chapter 35-035.

The nut has item nbr. 97, see attached screensots. There seems to be a special procedere not just a torque value.

Hope this helps,
Ralf
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Fanti, btrautman

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Monate her - 1 Jahr 2 Monate her #346200 von btrautman
Ralf,

thank you so much! I will share this with my MB enthusiast friends! What manual did you find this information in? Is there an American version? I purchased a two volume 107 MB chassis set and this information was not in it.  I would like to purchase a copy of that manual if I can find it. 
May I ask one more favor from you?  What are the torque specs for the CV axle bolts to differential side flanges.  I am getting different numbers.

Again, thank you!

Thanks!
Bob
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 2 Monate her von btrautman.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Ragetti, Obelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.174 Sekunden
Powered by Kunena Forum

Wir benutzen Cookies

Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit der Datenschutzerklärung und der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.
CookieHint and Consent by reDim GmbH (Öffnet in neuem Fenster)