Sprache auswählen

-88 SL560, headlight washer motor connection

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 09:33 #338251 von Erik1
Hi all,

I am about to retrofit a washer system on my US 560. Fortunately, the holes in the front for the fastening of the mechanics are identical to the Euro versions.
I have tried for weeks searching for an electrical diagram for the connections of the wiper motor, without any luck. Not sure how the wipers work, but I assume they will start when I start the windscreen washer pump. Hence, the motor should be connected to a relay somewhere. It is four wires to be connected.
Anyone having a diagram, or a picture showing how to connect?

Thanks.

Rgds Erik

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 11:46 #338262 von DanSL
Hallo Eric
if it helps I can send you the diagram of the W126 1986 onward.
Regards
Daniel

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 12:03 #338263 von Erik1
Hi Daniel,
if that is a single motor driven system, with wire connection to the two wipers, I guess it will work.

Thanks.

Rgds Erik

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 14:25 #338272 von Erik1
Here is a drawing of the system:

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 16:14 - 09 Okt. 2024 16:16 #338275 von Dr-DJet
Hi Erik,

a wonderful idea for a useless but impressive system

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

This system was never delivered to Americas and that is why chapter 82-540 Funcional overview of headlight washing and wiping system was obviously never translated to English. There are 2 versions of this system and their wiring diagram is listed in that chapter. This system BTW is totally different from W126 system. In R/C 107 we have one motor and 2 gear boxes on each wiper.

In diesem Beitrag ist für Gäste nicht alles sichtbar. Um alles zu sehen, muss man registriert und angemeldet sein.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Volker, Admin und Betreiber dieser Webseite
Fast alles zu Zündung und Jetronic auf jetronic.org

Jubiläum 10 Jahre Jetronic.org mit Besuch bei Bosch Classic Jetronic Instandhaltung in Nürnberg am 18.10.24

Letzte Änderung: 09 Okt. 2024 16:16 von Dr-DJet.

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 18:07 #338278 von Erik1
I will translate and take a good look.
Just purchased Euro headlights and had the opportunity to add the wiper system as well. So I went for it.

Rgds Erik

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 18:59 - 09 Okt. 2024 19:01 #338280 von Chromix
Hi Erik,

I have a headlight washing solution in my car that I thought was original but then I learned through the forum that it isn't.
I once showed pictures of the components here and here (do a right-click on the links --> open in new tab and you will see them). But, then you have to drill holes in your bumpers.

Cheers,
Lutz

Alle Lebewesen außer den Menschen wissen, daß der Hauptzweck des Lebens darin besteht, es zu genießen.
Samuel Butler
Letzte Änderung: 09 Okt. 2024 19:01 von Chromix.

Mehr
09 Okt. 2024 19:55 #338283 von Erik1
Hi Lutz,

thanks for the pictures. I need to make my own washer system, as I did not get it along with the wiper system. I need to drill holdes in my aftermarked euro bumpers, also. Exited to see if I can get this to work.

Rgds Erik

Moderatoren: RagettiObelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.124 Sekunden