- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
Vent hose?
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #341332
by Pcircle
Hello there,
I have kept an eye out for this small hose which connects two black lines (please see enclosed photo). It looks old and brittle and I'd like to change it with some fresh fuel hose. I'm assuming that it is a vent line/hose as it seems to go to the tank ventilation apparatus (where there is a similar rubber hose just in front of the ventilation apparatus that is similarly old and brittle). What I'd like to avoid is a major fuel leak when eventually changing these two hoses, but if it indeed a vent line, there should be no liquid fuel there, correct?
Have anyone of you any past experience with changing these hoses?
Best, Peter
Vent hose? was created by Pcircle
Attachment not found
I have kept an eye out for this small hose which connects two black lines (please see enclosed photo). It looks old and brittle and I'd like to change it with some fresh fuel hose. I'm assuming that it is a vent line/hose as it seems to go to the tank ventilation apparatus (where there is a similar rubber hose just in front of the ventilation apparatus that is similarly old and brittle). What I'd like to avoid is a major fuel leak when eventually changing these two hoses, but if it indeed a vent line, there should be no liquid fuel there, correct?
Have anyone of you any past experience with changing these hoses?
Best, Peter
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Pcircle.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 year 7 months ago #341333
by hkfreak
Viele Grüße aus Duisburg,
Marko
Replied by hkfreak on topic Vent hose?
Hi Peter,
I changed all fuel lines on my 560 SL last Nov.
I am not 100% familiar with the line setup on your '72 450 SL, however I'd assume that one line is the supply and one is either the vent or back line.
All lines are more or less standard diameter still available - have a look at this diagram www.sls-hh-shop.de/en/mercedes-280-500sl...uel-system-1971-1976
When changing the lines on my car I let the car and fuel settle for a certain time by releasing the overall pressure (open fule cap!). There should not be much fuel leaking because the supply line is fed by the pump which is not running when exchanging the line - I strongly recommend to wear protection googles and gloves!
I changed all fuel lines on my 560 SL last Nov.
I am not 100% familiar with the line setup on your '72 450 SL, however I'd assume that one line is the supply and one is either the vent or back line.
All lines are more or less standard diameter still available - have a look at this diagram www.sls-hh-shop.de/en/mercedes-280-500sl...uel-system-1971-1976
When changing the lines on my car I let the car and fuel settle for a certain time by releasing the overall pressure (open fule cap!). There should not be much fuel leaking because the supply line is fed by the pump which is not running when exchanging the line - I strongly recommend to wear protection googles and gloves!
Viele Grüße aus Duisburg,
Marko
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds