Sprache auswählen

update from 1 year ago, 107 loss of performance

Mehr
29 Nov. 2020 20:08 #263714 von letank
Sorry, but I cannot seem to find my previous post, so to recap it is a 1979 450sl, federal model with very very low miles, 28xxx at the moment, inherited 16 years ago with 18xxx miles, located in San Francisco Bay Area.

I thought that the ignition was failing, the coil was hot, uncomfortable to the touch... so I replaced it with a bosch blue, made in Germany, not the Brazil made version... then tried to find an ignition box, I grab 2 from the junkyard during the next few months... then the pandemy hit... and being an SL, the roof is not installed ...

I bought an oscilloscope from picotech , the 2200 series, I could not get my previous built in computer oscilloscope to work.

The scope pattern is fine, at idle after a drive thru town... after the engine started to "misfire" or hiccup when demanding power... but idle fine.

So my new step is to find about the fuel pump... testing is a bit tricky , I hate gasoline shower, so the easiest was to order a new pump so I can compare amperage draw between the new and the old pump. The fuel filter was replaced less than 3000 miles ago, about 5 years ago...

thank you for your reading and suggestions

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
29 Nov. 2020 22:54 #263730 von Dr-DJet
Hi,

might that be as you have opened that previous discussion on my other website jetronic.org/de/forum/introduction-vorst...rnia-1979-with-tsz-4 ?

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Volker, Admin und Betreiber dieser Webseite
Fast alles zu Zündung und Jetronic auf jetronic.org

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: RagettiObelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.138 Sekunden