• Racediagnostics
  • Autor
  • Elite
  • Elite
  • UK spec
Mehr
10 Apr. 2020 21:47 #241689 von Racediagnostics
Radiator leak, repair or replace? wurde erstellt von Racediagnostics
I have been loosing a small amount of coolant over the last year but could never find the leak but today there was a few drips of coolant under the car.

I have found two PNs but am not sure which is correct for a 1979 car, A1075010901 and A1075011201, anyone know which is correct?

I traced it to here, the bottom left hand corner of the radiator, next to the oil cooler. What are your experiences for repair or replace? Anyone repaired themselves?

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Cheers
Jim

1979 450SL - 2002 XK8 4.2

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Apr. 2020 22:23 #241695 von Obelix116
Obelix116 antwortete auf Radiator leak, repair or replace?
...Repair !

Greets
Christian

Gruß
Christian

Mehr
14 Apr. 2020 22:22 #242235 von SL450UK
SL450UK antwortete auf Radiator leak, repair or replace?
Hi Jim,My radiator didn't leak but was "tired". I had to change the waterpump so to gain easier access, out came the radiator. At the time I couldn't work out what the difference in the P/N's was but the good Dr-DJet pointed out that the 1201 was used in Japan/Sweden/Australia and everyone else had the 0901.I did consider getting an aftermarket radiator(half the price of a "recore") but was persuaded to get the original refurbished. It cost £320 at SW Radiators in Fareham.( www.swradiators.co.uk ) and took a couple of weeks. I was pleased with the result.Appreciate that this isn't "local" for you but they did do, in my opinion, a good job. Robin, at SW, used to work for Mercedes and told me that the radiators used to be treated like a "service item" when he worked at the Portsmouth dealers. Not only did they recore the radiator but they cleaned and checked the oil cooler, especially around the joints that are, apparently, prone to cracking.I did have to replace one of the rubber mounts (A1075040012) and a clip (A0039880678) and had to have part of the radiator frame repaired: where the oil cooler bolts to the radiator. The repair was carried out by SW Radiators whilst they had both parts. I've attached a phot of the repaired area.
, hopefully you can see the repaired area.
Kind regards,
Andy

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

• Racediagnostics
  • Autor
  • Elite
  • Elite
  • UK spec
Mehr
16 Apr. 2020 21:32 #242439 von Racediagnostics
Racediagnostics antwortete auf Radiator leak, repair or replace?
Thanks, I ended up ordering a reconditioned unit from the SLSHOP.

Cheers
Jim

1979 450SL - 2002 XK8 4.2

Moderatoren: RagettiObelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.109 Sekunden