Sprache auswählen

C107 Replacement/Rust repair Panels?

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197864 von tony66au
Evening Ladies and Gents,

I'm currently starting the restoration of my Wife's 350SLC and Ive found a few spots I cant patch with all the nice Mercedes steel Ive harvested from wrecks.

I have restored a lot of American, English and Australian cars but im lost when it comes to patch panels for Mercedes.

In particular the ribbed (Swaged) sections above the bottom sills just behind the doors.

Any suggestions world wide?

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197868 von joe107
Hello Tony!

It's good to see that another SLC will be kept on the road.

The original Part number for the repair panels you are looking for are
A1076371109 Beplankung links vorne / panelling left front
And
A1076371209 Beplankung rechts vorne / panelling right front

If you enter those numbers into the common browser goo...., you will find some offers. Price ranges from 60.- to 280.- EUR depending on aftermarket-reproduction or NOS.

I hope you find the parts somewhere closer than Europe. If you help with shipping, let us know.

Greetings from Austria,

Joe

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197871 von tony66au
Thanks Joe,

Im used to buying parts from the USA for all my Euro cars (Volvo's/Saab's as well) and if the shipping is under $100 USD im generally fine.

The Euro exchange rate is what hurts as it is usually Twice in AUD plus we have to pay GST @ 10% as well.

Thanks for the part numbers as they will make life much easier!

Thanks from Australia,

Tony.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197878 von SvenssonHH
Tony,
I had the same spot to repair. Got me a cheap panel from Klokkerholm (3523561). Did the job.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.


From Hamburg, Germany,
Sven

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197929 von tony66au
Thanks Sven,

I did a few Google searches yesterday using the MB Part numbers and found a few sources for around the $35 USD price range, Sills around $100 USD which makes it not worth my time to fabricate the Sills.

raybuck.com/product/1973-80-mercedes-cha...door-passenger-side/

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197932 von Rudiger
Tony, did you send this guys an e-mail? It looks like it is on back order.
Rudiger

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 10 Monate her - 7 Jahre 10 Monate her #197935 von tony66au
Im not in a hurry Rudiger, And I found a few more US suppliers that stock the same piece for around the same money which is about $50 Aussie dollars each.

I still have the whole car to strip back and etch prime anyway so im sure I will find a few more pieces to order.

I also have some W116 pieces to order as I have a 280S and 450SE to repair after Im done with the 350SLC so I may as well order the whole lot at once eh?

www.millsupply.com/rear-quarter-lower-fr...77154l.php?p=128381#
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 10 Monate her von tony66au.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Ragetti, Obelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.112 Sekunden
Powered by Kunena Forum

Wir benutzen Cookies

Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit der Datenschutzerklärung und der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.
CookieHint and Consent by reDim GmbH (Öffnet in neuem Fenster)