Sprache auswählen

Subframe recall for 1974 450SL

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her #199961 von LauraR
Tony is right on target with his warning for owners to be more aware of this subframe situation. I’m surprised that so few US owners are aware of the risk and need for repair. I successfully found an intact subframe for gussets but then found another that was already recall compliant with the factory made reinforcements. The latter was installed in my car and the former is at my MB mechanic’s shop to see if another classic car owner ever has the same need and would like to purchase it.

Thanks again for all you help!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: tony66au

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her #200002 von tony66au
Thanks Laura, I know that when i was driving this SLC I was hitting corners hard and throwing the car around a fair bit, the SLC is fairly structurally solid but I felt slight body flex so Id hate to think of whats going on underneath the SL's.
BTW the front subframe out isnt a huge job and considering how tight it is to get to Steering box and exhaust components its got to come out sooner or later im sure.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Ragetti, Obelix116
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.102 Sekunden
Powered by Kunena Forum

Wir benutzen Cookies

Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit der Datenschutzerklärung und der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.
CookieHint and Consent by reDim GmbH (Öffnet in neuem Fenster)